BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's Almost Midnight and I'm Still Awake Reading For This Stupid Readathon.


It's almost at the point where I'm like, "Why did I do this?" I'm tired, my stomach hurts from eating crackers and cheese to boost my energy (although the pepper jack was worth it, mmmmmmm.), my contacts are burning in my eyes, and I feel like I'm typing complete gibberish. But it's all in the spirit of general bookishness, right? So it's gotta be worth it!
Currently I just finished The Wastelands by Stephen King and I'm going to begin reading Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson. My little brother FINALLY turned off Call of Duty and is going to bed soon, I guess... bummer, I'm kind of enjoying the company. My dog has noxious gas and she's sleeping peacefully five feet away from me, making sure I smell every last puff of it. Quite the reading environment in my household tonight.
Man, I get sarcastic when I'm tired. I should write like this more often. I could be the next Rowling or Meyer.
KIDDING.
ANYWAY, I wanted to participate in this Ban This Book! minichallenge. You have to explain why you could ban a certain book that may not necessarily be banned. Let's start with the book I just finished: The Wastelands by Stephen King.
Hoo boy. What a lot I could say. Let's start with demon possession, excessive swearing, VIOLENCE, cyborg robots that are actually really scary, a killer train... I don't know, there's a lot that you could ban this book for. But aren't all Stephen King books that way? and besides, life in general is ban-able (is that a word?). Any book that is good enough to not have ANY cause whatsoever for banning is probably going to be kind of dull or COMPLETELY out of touch with reality. I mean, you could ban a book about kids making cookies because it promotes using a stove or something.
Off to start my next book! Upstairs, in bed, alone, because my brother just left. Dang.
By the way, this picture is from The Wastelands. I LOVE IT. I'm going to scan it and hang it up on my wall.

0 comments: