BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

VMHS Library Readathon October 2009

My first major readathon. It was so much fun, I'm so happy I missed a playoffs game for it!
Basically I showed up after school and we all sat there in dead silence and read. For two hours. It was amazing. You wouldn't think that sounds fun, but actually it's really relaxing.
After that we got pizza! I didn't have any because I was going to eat dinner with my mom after, but I got to talk to Michelle and a few senior girls that are as book-nerdy as I am. It was insane how well we got along.
I also got 20 bucks for Barnes&Noble because I raised the most money (75 dollars... it pays to have seven grandmas). So tomorrow I get to go there and get more books!
But yeah, the readathon was awesome, I'm glad I did it. I think they're doing another one in spring, I'll be sure to sign up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It pays to have seven grandmas." LOL! I've had that same exact thought before.

Book-nerds are kindred spirits. I don't even trust people who don't enjoy reading books. :)

Congrats on raising the most money!

Nosilas said...

Yeah, I know, I really don't either! All my best friends are book nerds, or are at least literarily aware. And know how to read. Thanks again, the readathon was heckafun!