BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's Almost Midnight and I'm Still Awake Reading For This Stupid Readathon.


It's almost at the point where I'm like, "Why did I do this?" I'm tired, my stomach hurts from eating crackers and cheese to boost my energy (although the pepper jack was worth it, mmmmmmm.), my contacts are burning in my eyes, and I feel like I'm typing complete gibberish. But it's all in the spirit of general bookishness, right? So it's gotta be worth it!
Currently I just finished The Wastelands by Stephen King and I'm going to begin reading Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson. My little brother FINALLY turned off Call of Duty and is going to bed soon, I guess... bummer, I'm kind of enjoying the company. My dog has noxious gas and she's sleeping peacefully five feet away from me, making sure I smell every last puff of it. Quite the reading environment in my household tonight.
Man, I get sarcastic when I'm tired. I should write like this more often. I could be the next Rowling or Meyer.
KIDDING.
ANYWAY, I wanted to participate in this Ban This Book! minichallenge. You have to explain why you could ban a certain book that may not necessarily be banned. Let's start with the book I just finished: The Wastelands by Stephen King.
Hoo boy. What a lot I could say. Let's start with demon possession, excessive swearing, VIOLENCE, cyborg robots that are actually really scary, a killer train... I don't know, there's a lot that you could ban this book for. But aren't all Stephen King books that way? and besides, life in general is ban-able (is that a word?). Any book that is good enough to not have ANY cause whatsoever for banning is probably going to be kind of dull or COMPLETELY out of touch with reality. I mean, you could ban a book about kids making cookies because it promotes using a stove or something.
Off to start my next book! Upstairs, in bed, alone, because my brother just left. Dang.
By the way, this picture is from The Wastelands. I LOVE IT. I'm going to scan it and hang it up on my wall.

0 comments: