BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Readathon: Hour 8, Almost





Officially, this is almost hour eight of the readathon as I type this. But for me, it's only about hours 5 because I slept through the first three hours. Sorry guys! I'm still in the middle of my glorious Stephen King book, The Wastelands (see last post for a pic). I'm going to try to post pictures of me reading later or tomorrow, but I'm too lazy at the moment to spend all that energy uploading.
So far so good!
One of the mini-challenges was "Love to Hate". You have to list 5 characters that you love to hate in your favorite books. I've heard some interesting ones, from President Coin (Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins) to Cathy and Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte) so now I'm trying to compile my own list. It's hard!

  1. Bella from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: she's kind of pathetic, and even though I love the books she cracks me up sometimes.
  2. Squealer from Animal Farm by George Orwell. We just read this book in class and I can't believe how devious that little pig is!
  3. Stark from Airhead by Meg Cabot. Head of an evil corporation... he's EVVVIIIILLLLL.
  4. Mr. Harvey from The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Can you say pedophilic creep? *shudder*
  5. Bob Ewell from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. God, he drives me INSANE. He's such trash, and yet he thinks he's all high and mighty compared to Tom Robinson. Makes me sick.
So there's my list. I'm sure there are many I forgot to consider, but I love to hate these guys. I tried to keep out major, obvious villains like Voldemort and stuff. I went more for pathetic characters. I love making fun of them.
Gotta keep reading!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Bella is a great answer!

A fun little ditty:

There once was a girl from Canuck
Whose nose was oft' buried in a book
Her hoarding got bad
Her neighbors got mad
So the townsfolk bought her a nook

Happy Reading!

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

North to South
and East to West
Readathon Readers
Are the Best!
Sea to Sea
and Coast to Coast,
Readathon Readers
have Read the Most!

Anonymous said...

1, 2, 3, 4
Hope your book isn’t a bore
5, 6, 7, 8
And your readathon is going great!

tanabata said...

Great list! You're right, Mr. Harvey was just so creepy!
No fancy rhyming cheers from me but just wishing you good luck and good books for the rest of the read-a-thon!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Hope you are still hanging in there....I'm trying....but it is getting...harder...and...harder....