BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Why Weekends Aren't Good For Me:

I get bored and lazy and stall on the things I need to do while doing many things I DON'T need to do, such as weed (part of) the backyard or write three blog posts in one day. When I SHOULD be studying for my history midterm. Oh well. Useless details.

I've been thinking a while about regrouping all my favorite kids' shows, so I have designated this post to be the nostalgia-filled jackpot of kids' show reviews! I'll try to go in order of my childhood, from what I remember.

THE BIG COMFY COUCH

I still get this theme song stuck in my head from time to time. And I had a huge crush on Major Bedhead, his hair is AMAZING. Plus, I still have a Molly doll. See how this show impacted my life?

LITTLE BEAR

Awwww. I LOVED this show. I still do. You don't get classy kids shows like these anymore, and Little Bear is ADORABLE! Plus Emily! And No Feet, the snake! I still remember the episode where he overdoes it on his sweet tooth and has to go to bed early. And how his dad was a sailor.

KIPPER
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmEXtRZTKVo) I can't actually find any good clips of this show that I'm able to embed, but here's a link to watch an episode on youtube. It was definitely lesser known and I almost forgot I watched this show, but fortunately my memories resurfaced! Where would I be if I didn't remember that episode where Arnold goes to Candy Mountain?

FRANKLIN

A turtle that teaches you moral lessons, how great! And that snail is adorable.

ARTHUR

Yes, being the bookworm I am, this song was my favorite. But it was such a good show! You know a kids' show is good when it's been on for so long. It's still on today (although I don't know if they air new episodes anymore). This show MADE my childhood, I watched it religiously for YEARS. It's STILL good.

SCOOBY DOO

Yeah, I meant to say Arthur is second best only to this show. =) If lasting long on television shows how good the show is, Scooby Doo is the KING of kids' shows, lasting more than 40 years with the oldest episodes still showing. And I love this song. Scooby Doo makes everything better...

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

We've all seen at least one annoying episode in our lifetimes (although admittedly when we were kids this show was BOMB) so I decided not to use an actual clip from the show but this mix, with a pretty good System of a Down song. Which is cool because they're a great band. WIN WIN SITUATION! I like those. =)

RUGRATS

I didn't watch this ALL the time, and actually for a while I wasn't allowed to watch it because Angelica had an "attitude problem". But I heard the weirdest thing recently: there's this theory going around that Rugrats is all a figment of Angelica's imagination, that Tommy was a stillborn, and that's why Stu makes toys, to make up for his dead son; Chaz's wife died in childbirth with Chuckie and that's why Chaz is so OCD; and Phil and Lil's parents were only going to have one kid but they got an abortion and because Angelica didn't know the gender of the baby she invented two, one for each gender. IT'S CRAZY BUT IT MAKES SENSE! MINDWARP!

HEY ARNOLD

This is like a revamped Peanuts for Nickelodeon. There was some deep psychology between these kids, and yet it was so entertaining! Always one of my favorites, even though it was pretty much in reruns by the time I caught on.

Well, these are all the shows I remember watching, in chronological order... I know I'm forgetting a lot, but I'm lazy. Let's see... I left out... Avatar: The Last Airbender, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (cartoon edition), The Weekenders, Lloyd in Space, Phineas and Ferb, JIMMY NEUTRON, etc.

UPDATE: I started this post like two weekends ago and just now got time to finish it. So weekends aren't good for me, but neither are late Friday nights where I'm sugar high with nothing to, waiting for CERTAIN PEOPLE to log on and talk to me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Rugrats!!!