BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Harry Potter Should Have Died

HARRY POTTER SHOULD NOT HAVE DIED. EVER. NEVER EVER. Glad I got that out of the way. Yes, I know when I first heard about this book on mugglenet.com I swore to everyone within shouting distance that I would never stoop so low as to read it. But guess what. I stooped.
And it was good! It's written partially by Emerson Spartz, the founder of mugglenet.com, and he was cracking me up as always. And for the record, they don't think Harry should die either, and they argue both sides of the issue in the book.

Actually, they argue a lot of issues. Such as who was the most surprising character, whether the infamous epilogue in Deathly Hallows was a disappointment (HECK NO, it said just enough and left the rest to our imaginations), and other important issues that needed arguing. Then there were the other issues, the not-so-important and rarely-thought-of-ones. Like who would win in a battle, trolls or centaurs? (So centaurs.) Or whether you'd rather give Voldemort a foot rub or shave Hagrid's back. If I was in that situation, I'd be pinching myself with excitement, so the answer didn't matter to me, I'd take either.
Then my favorite: Which couple had the best romantic plotline? Here were the candidates: Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, and... HARMONY? Harmony is Harry and Hermione paired up, which ignorant prats on mugglenet.com have been suggesting since like Sorcerer's Stone. Now mugglenet.com is notoriously against Harmony, so under this heading they had a bunch of bold letters randomly sprawled through the paragraph supposedly proving Harry and Hermione's true love for each other and these letters spelled 'delusional'. Gotta love Emerson's sense of humor.
That's the thing about a great series like Harry Potter, everyone has something to say about it. So when the real series is over, there's still movies and fan fiction and guides and forums and chats and websites and rumors and the author and it's just great.

0 comments: