BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Pelican Brief

Out of the three John Grisham books I have read, this one thrilled me the least. Sure, it had some good, suspenseful scenes, but it really was a little boring and a bit too farfetched to just blame it on artistic license.
Basically two Supreme Court Judges are found dead, and an amateur law student (given that she's practically a genius) rights a brief connecting the two murders. It gets out that she wrote it and now he boyfriend's dead, and she's on the run for her life. This sounds super thrilling, but it's actually not as good as it sounds. And by the end, you will get what I mean about the whole farfetched thing.
Another interesting thing about this book: I got it at the thrift shop I work at, and the person who donated it had left a note in the book. It seemed to be a travel schedule for a Vegas trip or something, I don't know. It was kind of cool though, so I'm copying it here.

Random Note I Found In My Book
WAKEUP AT 4:00 CROSS FREEWAY
FUN Thurs.
Tubbing, JET SKI, Laid out, WAVERUNNER,
NIGHT -STORM
-THUNDER
All-SECURE BOTH BOATS
-BED 3:30 OR 4:00
TOO CHOPPY TO SKI ON FRI.
-WINDY EXT./FLAT
LEFT ON SAT afternoon
LAS VEGAS 3:30-4:00
WAIT till-8:00
WENT out SAT night.
AUNT Got Sick-DIABETES Shock-HEAT
HOSPITAL

CHECKED iN At Excalibur
MOVE CAR-ACCIDENT
Get Bathing Suits TAKE to get tire
pay $60
POOL CLOSED 6:00 wassqs
Guys-PARTY-DRINK-RUDE
No Rooms Anywhere
-SLEPT ON FLOOR
Got up at 7:30 on Sun
hrs homE.

Yes, that's really how this person writes. It makes no sense, but it puzzled me more than the story did.

0 comments: