BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 4, 2009

Hi, My Name is Sweep Addict #3...

I'm only Sweep Addict #3 because my friends Cara and Melissa are numbers 1 and 2. Good series... I started reading it over the summer after the Sweep Brigade (Cara and Melissa, namely) forced me to. Now I like it too. It's about Wicca, mainly, although there's also a lot of subplots running through the books concerning the main characters' love lives which is another reason I keep reading because that part has a pretty good storyline, too.
Anyway, onto this book. Changeling. Referring possibly to the fact that the main character, Morgan, is going through some difficult changes at the time. Her bloodline is descended from the Woodbanes, the most evil out of all the original Wiccan clans. So Morgan has a lot to worry about. She wants to be good, but she finds herself making bad choices and only thinking about herself because of the tremendous power she holds. The title can also refer to the fact that Morgan BECOMES A WOLF during the last chapters of this book!!! Yes, Morgan learns how to shapeshift. And almost ends up killing her true love in the process.
Speaking of true love, like I said their are a lot of romantic subplots in this book. We see more going on with Sky, Raven, and Killian, but not so much going on between Morgan and her true love Hunter because Morgan broke up with him last book (I'm still mad at her for that).
All I have to say after this book is BAD MORGAN!!!!!!!!!!!! She broke up with her boyfriend, starts to bond with her root-of-all-evil father Ciaran, and is having trouble staying on the good side. Stay away from the dark side you must, Morgan.
While I was reading this in science class today, the complete jerk sitting next to me notices the summary on the back (a miracle! he can read!) and asks, "Dude, are you WICCAN?" I was so ticked off with him I just spat, "Why is it any of YOUR business?" and now I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm a witch. Oh well, that could work for me.

0 comments: