BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 26, 2009

Harry Potter, Master of Death


As you can see, I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW AMAZING THAT BOOK IS. I love rereading it and going over all the details and memorable parts. Watch, I can name the Horcruxes off the top of my head... (For clarification, there are seven Horcruxes, but eight parts of Voldemort's soul, because one still rested in his body.)
THE SEVEN HORCRUXES
In the order they were destroyed:
Tom Riddle's Diary
The Ring Containing The Resurrection Stone
Salazar Slytherin's Locket
Helga Hufflepuff's Cup
Rowena Ravenclaw's Lost Diadem
Harry Potter
Nagini the Snake

Yes, I'm clearly obsessed. Now excuse me while I type up memorable parts of the book.

"He must have known I'd run out on you."
"No," Harry corrected him. "He must've known you'd always want to come back."
(pg. 391)

"I was a fool!" Percy roared, so loudly that Lupin narly dropped his photograph. "I was a pompous prat, I was a-- a--"
"Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron," said Fred.
Percy swallowed.
"Yes, I was!"
"Well, you can't say fairer than that," said Fred, holding out his hand to Percy.
Mrs. Weasley burst into tears. She ran forward, pushed Fred aside, and pulled Percy into a strangling hug, while he patted her on the back, his eyes on his father.
"I'm sorry, Dad," Percy said.
Mr. Weasley blinked rather stupidly, then he too hurried to hug his son.
(pg. 605 to 606)

"Hang on a moment!" said Ron sharply. "We've forgotten someone!"
"Who?" asked Hermione.
"The house-elves, they'll all be down in the kitchen, won't they?"
"You mean we should get them fighting?" asked Harry.
"No," said Ron seriously, "I mean we should tell them to get out. We don't want any more Dobbies, do we? We can't order them to die for us--"
There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm he lifted Hermione off her feet.
"Is this the moment?" Harry asked weakly, and when nothing happened except that Ron and Hermione gripped each other still more firmly and swayed on the spot, he raised his voice. "OI! There's a war going on here!"
Ron and Hermione broke apart, their arms still around each other.
"I know, mate," said Ron, who looked as though he had recently been hit on the back of the head with a Bludger, "so it's now or never, isn't it?"
"Never mind that, what about the Horcrux?" Harry shouted. "D'you think you could just-- hold it in until we've got the diadem?"
"Yeah-- right-- sorry--" said Ron, and he and Hermione set about gathering up fangs, still pink in the face.
(pg. 625 to 626)

The house-elves swarmed into the entrance hall, screaming and waving carving knives and cleavers, and at their head, the locket of Regulus Black bouncing on his chest, was Kreacher, his bullfrog's voice audible even above this din: "Fight! Fight! Fight for my Master, defender of house-elves! Fight the Dark Lord, in the name of brave Regulus! Fight!"
(pg. 734)

God, best book ever. Well, one of them. There are a lot of books... But I love this book, I'm so glad I reread it again. And yes, I cried when Harry found out he was a Horcrux, because we all know what that means... Oh well, he lived, killed Voldy, repaired his wand, married Ginny, had three kids... Busy man. Now on to read Tales of Beetle the Bard!

0 comments: