BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 29, 2009

"Look At Us. Two Kick-Butt Witches Falling To Pieces."

Just finished Awakening, the fifth book in the Sweep series. The title above is a quote that pretty much sums up the book, from page 181. This one is really good!!!!!
Actually, it was good and bad. Someone else was making dark magick... Guess who? David. He did it to save Practical Magick, but still, Hunter had to strip him of his powers, which was really depressing.
Speaking of Hunter... It's official, he and Morgan are in love! In his journal entries at the beginning of each chapter (in this book, we read his Book of Shadows and his father's entries too), he keeps talking about how he thinks he's falling in love with her, how she's so amazing to him, and how he must be an idiot because he thinks she hates him. This is what he says to her, when Morgan says she looks horrible.
"No. You look like someone who has the courage to face even what breaks your heart, and I find you... beautiful."
AWWWWWW! How sweet! That whole chapter is really good. But the best part of the whole book is on the last page. Remember, this is from Morgan's point of view:

"I have something for you." He reached into his pocket and took out a clear, faceted crystal.
"Quartz?" I guessed.
He gave me a look that made it clear that was the wrong answer.
"Oh, Hunter, please, I'm too worn out for guessing games."
"Tell me what it is," he said softly.
So I tried, thinking of the stones I'd learned, trying to fit a name to it: Zircon? Danburite? Diamond? Albite? It couldn't be moonstone. Frustrated, I sent my energy into the stone, asking it to yield its name to me. The answer it gave made no sense.
I gazed up at Hunter, baffled. "What it tells me is beryl, but that can't be right. Beryl is either aquamarine or emerald, and this is--"
"Morganite," he told me. "Your name stone, another form of beryl."
"Morganite?"
"It changes color with the sunlight. At different times of day it will be white, lavender, pink, even pale blue. It's a powerful healing stone. And there's something else it can do." His hand closed around the stone. He looked at me, and his green eyes were as fathomless as the sea. "If a blood witch holds it and sends energy into it, it will reveal what is deepest in his heart."
Hunter opened his hand, and in the very center of the crystal I saw myself.
(pg. 188)



It sucks that I don't have Spellbound, #6. Cara has it, so I need to get that from her. So for now, I'll have to take a break from Sweep and read some other stuff. Oh well.




0 comments: