BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yet Another Sue Grafton Mystery

I gotta say, these are starting to bore me a bit. I just finished K Is For Killer, which is the 11th in her A-Z mystery series, and it didn't quite thrill me.
It's kind of a weird case; this girl named Lorna drops dead in her home and her mother thinks she was murdered so she hires detective Kinsey Millhone to prove it and find the killer. It turns out Lorna was a prostitute on top of her normal job and her sisters knew about it, as did everyone else in Lorna's life besides her ignorant parents. And basically a few people are guilty of committing a few crimes again Lorna because of their dislike for her.
It wasn't exactly the most exciting mystery I have ever read. In fact, it wasn't even exciting for a Sue Grafton mystery. Although this could be due to the fact that I started this book before reading New Moon and finished it after, so I lost pace a bit, but still. I just kept getting confused and in the end I can say this: I know who did it, I just don't know exactly why, and what's more, I don't think it matters. But yes, they did find the killer, and HE GETS AWAY/GETS KILLED BY THESE MAFIA PEOPLE, whatever you want to believe. I'm leaning toward the HE GETS KILLED BE THESE MAFIA PEOPLE option.
Still, the storyline was pretty good until I started getting bored and lost in the plot, and I guess it's pretty enjoyable if you like mystery more than I do. This book will never EVER live up to S is for Silence, though. And plus, they hardly spend any time in Rosie's place, which sucks because she rocks!♠♠♠

0 comments: