BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Black and Blue

Yes, the title does refer to bruises, but in a totally disturbing way. You'll see on the front cover that Time Magazine said it was "Heartbreaking." They are quite right... This was a very suspenseful story about a lady (Frannie) whose husband abused her, physically and I would say emotionally, too. To save her son, she contacts an agency that can help battered women "disappear" from their husbands and previous lives forever, never to be abused again. She and her son run away to Florida, but she has a feeling her husband Bobby, a New York cop, will find her again.
The thing I liked about this book was the minor characters; people like Cindy, Benny, Grace, etc. They really came to life, and they reminded me of people I already knew. (Example... Cindy reminds me of Genieva, my brother's friend's mom.)
The real shock in this book, however, comes at the end...
I also know I'm not the only one who liked this book so much, because as you can see in the picture, Oprah recommends this book too!

0 comments: