BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Childhood is a bloodthirsy period."

My second finished library book: Boy Girl Boy. I actually checked this one out once before but forgot (got too lazy) to read it. This time I got it thinking it was on this humongo booklist I'm supposed to be reading from and I started reading it and then discovered it wasn't on the list after all. By that time, though, I was too into this book.
The three friends in this book are the best friend trilogy I've seen in a while, right up there on the list by Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Teresa is a girl whose mother abandoned her, so she runs every day to get away from it all and eats close to nothing. She is also in love with her two best friends, Larry and Elliot. Elliot is having trouble thinking he's worth anything. He has amazing good looks, but is getting tired of the same story with every girl he meets. Larry is the smartest of the three, but is having trouble being himself, especially in a small town like Wendleville.
These three best friends, together since childhood, are planning on relocating to California after graduation. But what happens when te plan starts to fray and they start to grow apart?
The other cool part about this book is that each chapter is split into three parts: one part told in first person from each character. And all the chapters have really interesting titles. I'll list my favorites.

Everything looks different told from different ways.
But the future, I've been there, and it's not what it used to be.
What is the body, anyway, but a drawer of old valentines?
This is the day not dissected by minutes.


This book really makes you think.

0 comments: