BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 3, 2009

Let Your Mind Blume

I think Judy Blume is one of the best childrens' authors ever, even though most of her books were written back in the 70's. She really knew how to relate to children, and her books are really funny. So to go back to what I used to read, I reread two of my favorites. The books I read were actually my mom's old copies, because she read them when she was little.
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing: I first read this book a long time ago, when I was like 6 or 7. It's about Peter Hatcher, who has a little brother named Farley Drexel, but everyone just calls him Fudge. Fudge gets into lots of trouble... from covering a suitcase in stamps to dumping peas on his head. I think every kid should read this book, it's a classic and short, too, so a quick read.
Otherwise Known As Sheila the Great: Meet Sheila, Peter Hatcher's annoying neighbor who's scared of everything from dogs to thunder storms to spiders to swimming. She and her family (the Tubmans) go away for their summmer vacation and Sheila has to confront all of her fears... with some new friends. I loved this book too because I can sort of relate to Sheila, how she makes up lies so her friends won't discover how scared she really is.

Yep, great books Judy Blume writes.

0 comments: