BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Countess Below Stairs

Now, Eva Ibbotson is one of my favorite authors, but this book just didn't cut it for me. I'm not the type to read historicly based novels on royalty, they kind of bore me. Anything past The Other Boleyn Girl is a bit much. And A Countess Below Stairs was a little dull (no offense, Cara). But whatever, the story was basically about a countess (Anna) that escaped the war and became a housemaid in England. She slowly falls in love with the head of the house, Rupert, who is getting married to this beautifully evil lady named Muriel. Of course, everything turns out all right in the end, so la de frickin' da.
I recommend this book only if you like Girl in a Cage by Jane Yolen (which I didn't) or things like that. It was okay, but the best part for me was that it was relatively short and the font was huge.

0 comments: