BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 3, 2009

The Calling


Okay, as soon as I stop hyperventilating I'll talk about The Calling (The 7th book in the Sweep series) but for now I'm too traumatized by what happened.
In this book, we get to read Ciaran's Book of Shadows entries and we discover he's Morgan's father, not Angus, as we all were led to believe. I kind of had a hunch about this, so it wasn't a big surprise.
Cara came very close to ruining this book for me, though. She wanted to tell me the ending, but I said no, so all she would say was, "The ending made me cry." I don't cry easily, but I can see why she did... Morgan breaks up with Hunter! She did it because she thinks that, being a full Woodbane, she's incurably evil and doesn't want to hurt Hunter. I think that the gesture was sweet, BUT SHE'S AN IDOIOT. And Hunter finally confesses he loves her! Even before he said it out loud, you could SO tell he did, though. Like here:

"You were a vision, you know," he said, his voice soft and low. "Standing there in the hall in that innocent gown, your hair shining, holding a toothbrush of all things. I just wanted to run away with you."
"Really?" I whispered. "Where?"
"I don't know. Didn't think it through that far." He brushed back a strand of hair from my face.
(pg. 63)

And the ending...

"Things-- things have changed," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "I'm sorry, I just don't love you anymore."
Hunter looked at me. We both knew I was lying.
"Listen." His voice was ragged. "I came here to tell you something else. I never really believed in all this muirn beatha dan stuff. I thought it was just romantic nonsense. But Morgan, you are my muirn beatha dan. I realized that when I thought I was going to lose you to Amyranth. I love you-- absolutely, totally, forever. You know that."
(pg. 188)

OMHP!! Isn't he awesome??? This next line is the last thing he says. I think it means that she can choose to ignore him and distance herself, but he'll just keep trying.

"We all make our own choices," he called after me.
(pg. 189)

0 comments: