BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

I'm back from Bass Lake! Yes, I had a great time, thanks for asking... I went tubing, slid down a waterfall, ate my weight in Tootsie Pops and Blow Pops, sang freecreditreport.com commercials, and it was fun. I also read a lot, too. So this post is about a book I read...

Yeah, it's a Sue Grafton A to Z Mystery. I've read a couple of others and my long-term goal is to read them all. They all star detective Kinsey Milhone, who lives alone, eats a Quarter Pounder almost every day, runs three miles in the morning, and has an 80-year-old landlord who gives her cheap rent. This book also featured a very prissy old lady and her dead cop husband. I'll just write the summary the book gives on here, since it's as accurate as I can find:

Tom Newquist had been a detective in the Nota Lake sheriff's office--a tough, honest cop respected by everyone. When he died, the townfolk were sad but not surprised. Just shy of sixty-five, Newquist worked too hard, drank too much, and exercised too little.
Newquist's widow, Selma, didn't doubt the coroner's report. But still, she couldn't help wondering what had so bothered Tom in the last six weeks of his life. What was it that had made him prowl restlessly at night and brood constantly? Determined to help Selma find the answer, Kinsey Millhone sets up shop in Nota Lake, where she finds that looking for a needle in a haystack can draw blood--very likely, her own...


Yep, that's the book.


0 comments: